Monday, September 13, 2010

Toyko Ramen

Over the summer I was returning to Tokyo and I was determined to get my hands on some "good" ramen. In the past I aimlessly wandered in to noodle shops, for some bizarre reason, thinking there was very little difference between the shops. Not my brightest moment.

My research was confined to ramen blogs. These guys are real ramen addicts. Granted, they have more opportunities to sample a large variety - but their blogs are massive!





This was a great article that appeared in the NY Times.

After reading these, I was hoping to find similar blogs about NYC ramen. No such luck, so here I am. These guys showed me, there is good ramen, outstanding ramen and ramen just not worth your time. Overall, the ramen I had in Tokyo was far better than the ramen I've found in NYC. But a lot of that probably has to do with my preferences... which is covered under my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment